Friday, August 27, 2010

Neighborly Love

So almost to the day it has been a year since we have moved to the big state of Texas. We have learned many things about Texas and the people here. I can speak for myself that Texas has some wonderful people in it! Texas can definitely be proud of its southern hospitality. Another thing I learned was it is HOT. I know alot of places in the country get into the 100s alot of the time during the summer. I can say Texas has a nice long streak of it. The good thing is the heat doesn't keep anyone down. In fact most around her know how to enjoy it and I am trying my hardest to do the same, although it is very hard when the pools feel like bathwater.

So to get to the meaning of my title. When Doug and I were looking for a home we found a nice house in what looked like a nice country neighborhood. Many of our neighbors welcomed my family to the neighborhood when we first arrived. It was nice. In the first week after Brayden was born I was taking my dogs out when I noticed alot of piles of poo that did not belong to my very large producing dogs. hehe. I didn't think much of it until a couple hours later, right after I had put Brayden down for his nap, that the dogs started barking hysterically. This bark was "There is a dog in my domain, let me at em'" It wouldn't have been a biggy except I now have this newborn trying to sleep upstairs. So I went out and shooed this dog out of my yard. Now I don't mean to offended, but this thing in my yard is not what I would call a dog. It was a barking rat who thought it was bigger than me a decided to bark back. I was like, "you know I could step on you at the would be the end, go home!" Thankfully (I thought) the neighbor across from us appeared apologizing. "No problem", I told her, "Its just bothering my dogs." She called for this dog like character and of course it did not come. She continued to do this until she had to come pick up the yipping thing and carry it away. So to make this part of my very long and tiresome story short, this continued to happen on a daily basis. I was getting tired of Brayden being woken up from his nap. After all my dogs have every right to defend their territory. So I went out yet again and asked that she call her dog. "She won't come." Um then get a leash... So I made it clear that I was not happy about this. I think that was the end of neighborly love for the time being.
Months passed and the dog would every now and then come into our lawn, but I wasn't going to be the gripey neighbor lady so I had to train my dogs instead.

We soon found out that these neighbors were best buds with the ones living next to us. Not good, they were partiers. This is not a big issue until one evening (or I should say early morning) they decided to shoot fireworks off. It was not July fourth, no where near in fact. I went out in PJs after they had woken B up and asked them kindly to stop, after all I had a baby sleeping next door. They drunkenly agreed to stop. Not 5 minutes later they aimed the fireworks at our house and hit the garage two feet from my brand new car. Doug went over and knocked on their door, because of course they all scurried in a hid. No answer, so we went back and called the cops. While on the phone with cops the neighbors came over and knocked on our door. They drunkenly asked why we came over and knocked on their door and woke up their children and denied lighting any fireworks. I laughed in anger and pretty much lost it. Oops. Doug took over for the most part because at this point I hadn't been to bed yet and it was 4am and I was hysterically mad about the firework that hit our house and almost hit my car, not to mention work up my poor boy. Doug told the police we would talk with our neighbors and call them back if we needed them to come back. The neighbor was so drunk that when we told him to go back home and not to shoot of anymore fireworks, he yelled at us saying that he was on his property and that we needed to go home. This was all on our front porch. I again lost it and told them to go sober up and leave. Oops again. I think the wife realized that they were really drunk and apologized, promised to not shoot of anymore fireworks. They left...five minutes later... U bet, they shot of more fireworks. At this point I was laughing because it was soooo bad. Cops came and yet again they scattered and would not answer the door. Cops knew the house of course and had to step over all the firework debris just to get to their front door. Since they did not answer the door nothing could be done however they didn't make the cops happy so of course they almost begged for us to call them again if this should happen and not to warn them when we do. No prob BOB! However this was not the end of our neighborly drama...

Neighborly Love Part II to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment