Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Have Nursery Rhymes Stuck in My Head!


Hello all. I have not yet reformed to typing or saying the common term down here in Texas known as ya'll. So Texas is hot. I was warned of this when we moved here last fall, however, I was pretty sure I wasn't expecting twenty days in a row of 100 degree or more temps. It was not comforting when the weather man informed us that they have seen a 60 day streak of 100 degrees or more. Thanks weatherman for the positive outlook. Anyways, here we are in the air conditioned household trying to plan our outings according to when the temperature will be at 100 rather than the 113it is right now.
For those of you who have followed my previous blog about Brayden I hope that you can enjoy this one as well. I will be updating on Brayden's progress along with the rest of the household. I am not, however, going to be making any promises as to how often I will be posting. For all of you SAHM (stay-at-home-moms) you know very well how a typical day in the house of an infant can be. For those of you who have not yet experienced this wonderful type day, (and I do mean it to be wonderful) let me fill you in...
+Early Morning- Wake up (pray you won't find a mess in the crib) get Brayden up, change diaper.
+Morning-Make Breakfast for Brayden while with one hand try and make coffee, get your own breakfast, make sure bottle is not thrown across room, refill tray with more cereal puffs, continue giving attention to a now impatient child because, how dare you eat something in front of me.
+Post Breakfast-Set up play area, chase Brayden around and continue repeating the word no all while trying to finish your coffee, check email, and clean-up the now messy high-chair and surrounding floor.
+Mid-morning-NAP TIME or pray that this is the day he will actually be tired enough to do so. During nap start load of laundry, clean up kitchen, do dishes, start dishwasher, make bed, clean up toy area.
+Lunchtime- Brayden awakes, change diaper, chase around room while saying no over and over again, prepare lunch with one hand while trying to entertain the boy who loves to be tickled and tossed in the air and can't understand why you don't do this all day long? Feed lunch while maybe eating a cracker or something for yourself. Clean a horribly messy face, hands, head, feet, you name it. Clean chair and surrounding floor while still entertaining this oh so wonderful boy.
+Post-lunch-play, clap, sing, talk baba, dada, and mama, to baby while trying to remember how many hours have passed by since you spoke to an adult. 2 hours of this go by and then snack time, and AHHHHH Nap Time. During nap time, unload laundry, put away clothes, dishes,sanity, I mean toys and then have some food to refuel.
+By 4 o'clock -I need to get Brayden up change diaper, feed him, all while entertaining and singing and clapping.
+By five -I have started dinner and or contemplating on reheating something... and I continue to watch the clock. At 5:05 or around there my wonderful, hardworking hubby walks through door. I swear each time I imagine this ray of light coming from behind him and the sound of angels going AHHHH when he walks in. RELIEF. He take Brayden while I finish dinner and we discuss our days while he talks of designing things I talk of Brayden's accomplishments and his daily activities. All while beaming with pride and exhaustion. I can't help but think at that time of day(everyday) how blessed I am to experience such chaos and contentment all in a days work. This very long inventory of my day is NOT a complaint! I can't imagine a better season in my life and love all the icky, screaming, exhausting moments of it!

So this blog took me a day and a half to write due to the many interruptions and diaper changes. haha. I will blog again when I can but until next time I will be singing nursery rhymes in my head and playing patty-cake with my amazing baby boy Brayden!

No comments:

Post a Comment