So the adventure of potty training has begun. And I thought labor was exhausting. We have been wanting to start for a while now because Brayden has been showing interest. Between travel and busy schedules we just decided now is better than ever. So yesterday was day one and Brayden successfully peed in the potty five different times. Today he did about the same as well as a number two. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be so excited about my child's poop and pee. I also never thought I would have to bribe a two year old with the world just to pee for me. I have found that the more excited and exaggerated I get with my cheering the more interested he becomes. Let me just say I started at 10 with my excitement the first pee and am now having to top each celebratory act. Talk about pooped. haha Underwear is another issue we have had to get creative with. Brayden has come to the conclusion that as long as there is something on then he is welcome to go. Even on his precious car underwear!!! So our solution you ask? That's right, bare bottomed. I may have a nudist on my hands! We have found that this has become the most affective method as well as quickest for getting to the potty. I find it amusing that my blog topic is about pee and poop but also find it fitting since this has been the reoccurring topic in my life for the past two years. lol
As for other events going on in the Klutzke household...Our home finally has a time and date which will be on December 7th! Five more weeks! The countdown in on. (Not that it wasn't already.) The exterior of the home is finished except for landscaping. The interior has all the paint and trim. The cabinets are scheduled to go in this week as well as flooring. Vents, lights and electrical are all in. It is such an amazing process and so fun to see. Stressful yes, but fun. We are excited to have Doug's parents coming down that first week of December to help us move. We will be staying here for Thanksgiving seeing as I can't travel and everyone is so far away. Wish we could host this year but a three bedroom apartment and tiny oven just doesn't suffice. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue these next adventures in life and try to survive the major endeavor of potty training. Amusing how this event trumps all right now. lol Until next time...
PS HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
Congratulations on the potty progress. And your house looks lovely.
ReplyDelete