
The Klutzke family is officially together in Savannah Georgia. What a whirlwind April was! The last week of March and first week of April Doug and I drove up to Indiana to my parent's house, dropped B and the dogs off and then flew down to Savannah for our house hunting trip. We found a great home but did not want to make such a big decision after just a few days of looking. So Doug and I decided to move into an apartment for a few months while we continue to look for a house or decide to build. After all, Gulfstream is paying for it! Doug returned to Dallas and Brayden and I moved in with my parents in Indiana temporarily while Doug finished work and tying up the loose ends down in Dallas. Doug finished at L3 with much relief and oversaw the movers before heading over to GA. My dad helped me drive Brayden down to Georgia on the 29th. Since then we have been looking at homes and getting to know the area. I am so happy we decided to do this. I can't imagine buying a house in four days! Doug and I have found a great location with the best schools in the area. We are leaning heavily on building since we can't find the perfect place. Plus we already have experience building and our marriage came out intact with that one!
Savannah is already proving to be a great home for our little family. We have already been to Tybee Island twice and plan on heading down to Florida this weekend to look around and enjoy those beaches as well. We won't know what kind of vacations to take now seeing as our back yard is one! Not that I'm complaining. Doug is enjoying his job tremendously and is already enjoying his weekend since he works 4/10s. Three day weekends allow us to do so much more. I am preparing to take my GRE and finish my Masters at Savannah State. I hope to go back part-time. I have also joined some local Moms groups and a book club. I figure I might as well just jump in full bore! Brayden absolutely loves the beach and being back with his toys. The only thing we are missing immensely is our furry children Marley and Dakota. They are up in Indiana still and we hope to get them down here as soon as possible. We feel they are probably enjoying my parent's farm over our 1400sqft apartment! Well I hope this gives everyone a fairly good idea as to what the heck is going on down here. I will continue to post updates with our new home and the Klutzke family progression to becoming Georgians!
We miss you up here but good to know you are enjoying it down there!
ReplyDelete