So now on to the big news! At the beginning of the year Doug had started to put out resumes to various companies around the country. Our goal was to move closer to family. Doug had gotten a lot of interest and interviews but nothing was coming up close to home. In February Doug got an offer to go back to Wichita and work for Cessna. As great of an offer and opportunity this was, the timing was just not right. We passed and Doug continued to pursue other options. In that same week as the Cessna offer, Doug was asked by Gulfstream to fly down to Savannah, GA along with Brayden and I to interview. Well we weren't going to pass on an opportunity to have a mini-vacation now were we! So with open minds and ALOT of luggage we flew to Georgia. I have to say we were charmed by this Southern town. The beaches were gorgeous, the history and art of Savannah were amazing, and don't get me started on the food. Brayden lit up when we took him to see the ocean for the first time. I actually felt immensely relaxed and Doug had an amazing interview with Gulfstream. Doug actually interviewed for two different positions at Gulfstream and was very happy with what he would be doing there. We spent 4 days in Savannah and I will honestly say I was sad to leave. As we were boarding the plane to leave Doug received a call from the hiring manager at Gulfstream. We hadn't even left the state and they were offering him the job!
Flying was another thing to add to this blog. Because we were flying on someone else's budget we flew business with only two seats. Yes, Brayden spent 4 hours of flying on our laps. Ahhh. I will say that as Brayden's mommy I am very sensitive to his crying and bothering others on the plane. Looking back in another perspective Brayden was amazing. A lady even pulled me aside after the flight and praised how well behaved he was. This thrilled me. Traveling by plane is something we can do! Another plus to moving to GA.
While we were there in Savannah, Gulfstream set us up with a realtor. This was a very good idea as we had no clue what the housing was like or the areas in which to look. The realtor gave us great info and sent us off with a better idea of where we would buy. Now for the question of what the heck are we going to do? Doug's offer was one that really we shouldn't turn down. He would be working as a Senior Engineer and doing what he loves. Brayden and I are adaptable therefore all it comes down to is when will they move us. Doug has yet to give the final yes, but we are waiting on HR to send all the details. When this happens I believe our ball will begin to roll.
I wanted to make something clear with all this moving we have done these past few years. We were and are so grateful to have been offered a job by L3 here in Texas. Being laid off was a very stressful event especially being 7 months pregnant at the time. Texas was our blessing. We are moving because of the opportunity. We have made such great friends here in TX and are very sad to be leaving them. We have also had many wonderful travels here in the state as well. When moving away we will always look back at Texas as our rejuvenation, not a set back!
So I promise to try and keep everyone updated as to what we will be doing these next few weeks. Until then enjoy these pictures of Savannah, Georgia!









No comments:
Post a Comment