Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Remebrance


This post is in dedication to my wonderful grandpa Rex Hughes.

This past month seems like its lasted a lifetime. On the 7th, 5 days after we got back from up north, we got word that my grandfather Rex Hughes was not doing so well. We left on the 8th and headed back north. Grandpa passed away surrounded by family on January 14th. As devastating as this was we know that Grandpa is at peace and in the Lord's hands. I am and was very fond of my Grandpa. I was born on his 50th birthday and we celebrated 26 of them together. My birthdays were always that much greater because I had him to share them with. I can gladly say that I am not familiar with funerals but know that even in the sadness it is always great to see your family once again. I got to see many people that I hadn't seen in years. We are back in Texas now and still trying to get back into the normal swing of things, but I feel comfort knowing that my Grandpa is up in Heaven shining down on us and cheering for us each and every day. I was passed a passage that comforted me and the many who have read it before and I leave with this:

"Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on the snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain… When you awaken in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there — I did not die….."

No comments:

Post a Comment