Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trouble with a capital B


Well it has finally happened. Brayden is walking. Looking back my life was so much simpler when he was crawling. Now I know why I wasn't pushing the walking so much. Really not much has changed when it comes to what Brayden does and does not get into, however, my anxiety level has risen a teensy bit. Every time he walks across the room my eyes scan quickly to what he could fall into, or back on, or get a hold of, or pull down. I think I found a new gray hair due to this, haha. Brayden is very proud of this achievement, almost as much as his mommy and daddy. He will walk a few steps, look to see who is watching and then applaud himself for the oh so hard steps he has just taken. A stare down then takes place to make sure that his audience is just as awed and taken by his new found achievement. Then the audience must clap and cheer and Brayden will finish his walk across the room and end with an exasperated thud onto his diaper padded bum. Oh how I love this boy!

Doug is back on overtime again, therefore putting in 12 hr days. He amazes me with the fact that even after a long day at work he comes home and plays with his son with such enthusiasm and joy than ever before. I am a blessed woman for sure. Doug and I are preparing for our departure to the Caribbean here in a couple weeks, 16 days to be exact! lol I am counting down for sure, but before we can embark on the ocean adventure we must first celebrate a joyous milestone. Brayden turns one in 15days and will be having a birthday party in a week! I can't believe how time has just flown by. I know that its what everyone says, but it is so true! I feel I was just bringing that beautiful bundle of joy home yesterday.

I will try my hardest to upload pictures of Brayden's birthday party before we leave for our cruise. Time has a way of sneaking past me these days, so we will see. I feel more blessed each day that goes by and I am enjoying all the new experiences that walk into our lives. I hope everyone else feels this joy as well! Until next time...

PS- Look to the previous post of video of Brayden walking, the password is brayden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment